6.16.2011

among the thousands

There we are, second row down, eighth from left
Etsy did a call for sellers to come out for a photo shoot back in the Winter, and so the girl and I went out to the city for an adventure.  We had fun waiting our turn and having our picture taken in a light-filled loft in midtown, but then I forgot about it and it only just now occurred to me to look for the magazine. Turns out that we made the cut! And we (yes, Magnolia is there too....looks like the youngest Etsy seller of the bunch!) made our way into the April issue of Inc. magazine. Seeing as how I'm just one of 400,000 Etsy sellers, hundreds of whom were photographed that day, and dozens of whom ended up in a feature spread in the magazine, I'm not surprised that I never received official notification that I had made it to print. My Etsy jewelry shop has not received any spikes in sales (though on Halflight I did sell 7 paintings to one person the other day, what a lovely treat!), so I can't say that this form of press was effective for me personally, but the adventure in the loft was worth doing!  See pictures for evidence of one of NYC's hidden treasures, Gary's Loft.  And here's a link to the article itself.





2 comments:

Faith said...

So exciting, and what a beautiful loft to visit! Missing you!! Come visit come visit!

Rachel Federman said...

Kristin this is so cool! How did I miss all this stuff? What year am I in? I feel like I dropped off somewhere..the last time I saw you before that summer trip and then those Wednesdays were gone. (If it's any consolation I've never received a spike in sales from any clip. In fact I don't know for sure that I've ever sold anything.)